We love to sail in the British Virgin Islands.
The British Virgin Islands, the BVI, are over 50 islands in the Carribean. They are perfect islands for sailing and have a large tourist and charter industry. Great sailing winds, relaxed people and plenty of small islands and beaches make this a favorite destination for many vacationers.
We like to sail there because:
- The people are super friendly – both the local people and all the people there to sail.
- It’s very sailing friendly with lots of charter companies, businesses that cater to sailors, mooring balls and a bar on every beach to get ice or food.
- It’s easy sailing.
- The winds are consistent but not too strong.
- The islands (except for Anegada)are all line of sight.
- There are no tides.
- The weather is always nice, between 70 and 80 degrees F.
- The islands are not over developed. While there are plenty of restaurants, there isn’t a lot of shopping except in Road Town and Virgin Gorda.
- The water is warm and the snorkelling is amazing!
Feel free to leave a note below about your favorite trip to the BVI – or tell us what your dream trip would be.
Come explore, learn and share with us!